Sunday, July 3, 2016

Virtual University Library Project - part 2



Excuse me for the belated post. I had to study a lot for my state exam, but now I can say that I successfully graduated. Moreover, I created a few smaller projects along the line, as well, to build my portfolio. Therefore, I didn't have too much time, but I worked on this project a bit each day, too. Now I am publishing its second part, which is something. Isn't it? In any case, you can see the first post about my project here:


I'm still in the modelling period, but I can show you which part of the library has already been created. One of the most difficult parts is the main column's head (sorry, I don't know the official name for it because I'm not an art historian) full of ornaments. You can compare it to the original one. I know it's not perfect but I'll adjust it as close to reality as possible. Most of the elements were made in Maya, but some of them were made in Zbrush. I made the textures in Zbrush, which was easy because they only contain two colors (white and yellow).

Maya view



Wireframe

Original

And this is the fence. This rose statue is complicated, as well, but I can deal with it.

Fence's rose statue in wireframe mode

Original

My goal is to finish the modelling period, which contains the whole environment with the main assets, for example, furnitures, tables and chairs. (I'll deal with the books later.) Then I'll arrange the objects' UV to prepare them for texturing, which will take a long time, too.

Recently, I discovered a similar, awesome project made by Aiko Shinohara.

It seems that in the future there will be more virtual scenes of university libraries created in the whole world. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment